Saturday, June 27, 2009

My first affiliate check - and I am not too proud

I've got something funny today in my mailbox, but I knew it was coming: my first affiliate check! I was waiting for this for so long! But this is not exactly what I was hoping for. Let me explain:

I've hit my first affiliate conversion with a Linkshare network publisher at the end of May, and I wasn't supposed to get any check at this point: Affiliate programs' payment threshold minimum are always $50, even $100. But what I didn't knew is that Linkshare didn't have any payment threshold minimum, and I didn't set one either! So on June 18, I saw in my account that they send me my first affiliate check ever, but this was for only one conversion! So yeah, how much, lol? US $11.39! Haha! My first idea was to put my first affiliate check on my wall for motivation, but now I think I will deposit that first one discretly and wait until next month for my first true affiliate checks - I've got some conversions on all networks I use at this point: LinkShare.com, Clickbank, Commission Junction and Amazon!

I'm still happy with that check because now I can apply to Direct Deposit already! You have to give this to Linkshare: they are the fastest to pay! It just may not be the paycheck you were hoping for lol!

P.S. Same thing about scanning that check and posting it here: I'll wait until next month, if you don't mind ;)

LinkShare_180x150

1 comment: